In-person activities are still suspended until further notice. Please read this message from Literacy Volunteers of Massachusetts Executive Director Roberta Soolman. Both of LVGW’s offices will remain closed to the public until further notice. When we do reopen, please expect some changes in protocol (such as staggered staff schedules, making appointments to visit the office, and increased cleaning/sanitation of high-touch surfaces), which will help us ensure that our volunteers, students, and staff stay healthy and safe.
We will continue to communicate with you and let you know when we can resume in-person meetings. Thank you for your patience and perseverance with tutoring remotely. Stay well!
- All in-person one-to-one and group tutoring sessions are cancelled until April 9. Tutors, please feel free to use FaceTime, Skype, Google Hangouts, Zoom, WhatsApp, or simple phone calls and emails to remain in touch with your students. Tutors, please contact your students immediately to let them know of this temporary change. More information about technology resources will be sent next week to tutors.
- All in-person Literacy Academy classes are cancelled for the remainder of the semester. Some classes will be moved online. Lena will be in touch with the teachers on Monday to help plan the remainder of the semester via virtual learning. Students, please stay tuned for more details.
- The Rosetta Stone Open Lab is cancelled for the remainder of the semester.
- The remainder of the March ESOL Tutor Training session is cancelled until further notice. We will try to reschedule the remaining sessions in April or May depending on this evolving situation.
- The March 20th Tutor Workshop is cancelled until further notice.
- The March 29th Good Deeds Day Potluck & Cultural Celebration is cancelled until further notice.
- The April 7th Tutor Orientation is cancelled until further notice.
- Both LVGW offices will be closed through April 9. Administrative staff will be working remotely starting March 16.
- You can still contact us. To reach us by phone, please call 508-754-8056 and the following extensions to leave a voicemail. It will be emailed to us and we will return your call as soon as possible.
- As of right now, the Scrabble event on May 2 is still scheduled. We will continue to monitor the situation and make a decision closer to that date based on the recommendations of the CDC and state and local health officials. We will send updates as the date approaches.